Hey Fika Fam,
How is your week travelling?
I hope you’re crushing all of your goals you set out to achieve this week, and if you haven’t, well, it’s only Thursday – three more days to get it done!
A lot of you will know by now, I have a project I am working on consuming lots of my time and creative space in my brain – lucky I like you guys a lot! #I #Am #Dead
So, a slightly shorter nugget this week, but a valuable one nonetheless, and some cheeky discount codes if you can see it through until the bottom of the page!
Every week, I receive multiple enquiries covering many topics however there are always common themes.
Girls who have lost their cycle on too little calories, enquiries from many who are not losing weight on 1200 calories, people who aren’t seeing results following calculations they a website has spat out for them.. and it makes me so bloody sad.
So, in today’s email, I want to explain to you why heading to a website, entering your generic data, grabbing the calories set to you by “jo blog” or whatever website you have chosen, sometimes just doesn’t cut it, and how having a coach separates you from the rest, when it comes to all things nutrition.
Nutrition consulting / coaching (@fika.nutrition) is definitely not a one size fits all approach, there are so many factors which you need to take into consideration when setting your calories or learning how much you need to consume to reach your goals, some being…
- Your age & gender, being have different energy needs at different life cycles.
- Your BMR – Basal metabolic rate, which is the amount of energy/calories your body uses to maintain basic body functions eg. breathing and ovulating. #sorryboys
- Your RMR – Resting energy expenditure, which is the amount of energy/calories your body uses to conduct small amounts of activity eg. eating & brushing your teeth.
- Your TDEE – Total daily energy expenditure – (calculated based off of the above numbers)
- Your PAL – Physical activity level – How active are you daily? Does it change from day to day?
- Your Chronotype – Are you an early bird or night owl?
- Your health status – What are you going through?
- And lastly, your goals.
From here, this information is put through an equation and your macros / calories are created.
Once we have that baseline / starting point / numbers, it’s a matter of trying it out for a minimum of a fortnight or so, and judging your body’s response. #patience.
We collect and asses data, which can then judge what way, shape or form your macros need to be changed in line with your progress.
When progress slows or life gets busy, sometimes, sticking to a plan or set numbers gets difficult right?
And that’s where coaching comes in…
Coaching provides you a voice and shoulder when things get stressful, the support when motivation is low, and a plan of attack to get back on track when you’ve fallen off the bandwagon.
Coaching takes the guesswork out of nutrition and provides the accountability you need to stick to that plan through the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Accountability = results.
You don’t want to invest in something that isn’t right for you, just like I don’t want to invest in someone who’s not ready to fully commit to a program, or myself.
But if you’re reading this, and it resonates, hit reply with anything on your mind and…..